Orange Marmalade Scarflet

Best Blog Tips


Since we are in the time of year when there are so many golden and orange leaves, I'm posting another pattern in one of the bright and cheerful colors of the season!

Materials:
Red Heart worsted weight yarn Carrot
Crochet hook size H
Scissors
Blunt needle to weave in ends

Note- Ch 3 counts as 1 dc, and ch 4 counts as 1 tr throughout.





Ch 19.
Row 1- 1 dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across,(17 dc). Ch 4, turn.
Row 2- 1 tr in next dc and in each dc across. Ch 3, turn. Row 3- 1 dc in next tr and in each tr across. Ch 4, turn.
Rows 4 to 24- Repeat rows 2 and 3 alternately. Ch 4, turn. Row 25- 1 tr in each of next 3 dc, ch 9, skip 9 dc, 1 tr in each of last 4 dc.
Ch 3, turn. Row 26- 1 dc in each of next 3 tr, 1 dc in each of next 8 ch (ignore 1 ch), 1 dc in each of last 4 tr. Ch 4, turn. (Keyhole made.) (16 dc.)
Row 27- Skip next dc, 1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc in next dc, ch 3, skip 3 dc, 1 dc in each of next 4 dc, ch 3, skip 3 dc, 1 dc in next dc, ch 1, 1 dc in last dc of row. Ch 4, turn.
Row 28- Skip next dc, 1 dc in next dc, ch 2, skip 2 dc, 1 dc in next ch, 1 dc in each of next 4 dc, 1 dc in next ch, ch 2, skip next 2 ch, 1 dc in next dc, ch 1, 1 dc in next dc. Ch 4, turn.
Row 29- 1 dc in next dc, ch 1, 1 dc in each of next 2 dc, you as if to make a dc, insert hook into next dc and pull up a loo, repeat 5 times, keeping loops on hook until you have 5 loops, you, pull through all loops on hook (puff stitch made), puff st in next dc, 1 dc in each of next 2 dc, ch 1, 1 dc in next dc, ch 1, 1 dc in last dc of row.ch 4, turn.
Row 30- 1 dc in next dc, ch 1, 1 puff stitch in next dc, ch 2, skip next dc, 1 dc in top of each of next 2 puff sts, ch 2, skip 1 dc, 1 puff st in next dc, ch 1, 1 dc in next dc, ch 1, 1 dc in last dc. Ch 4, turn.
Row 31- Rep row 29. Ch 3, turn. Row 32- 1 dc in next ch, 1 dc in next dc, ch 2, 1 dc in next dc, ch 1, 1 dc in top of next puff st, ch 1, 1 dc in top of next puff st, ch 1, 1 dc in next dc, ch 1, 1 dc in next dc, ch 2, 1 dc in next dc, 1 dc in next ch, 1 dc in last dc.
Edging- Ch 4, make 3 tr in same spot, ch 1, skip 2 d and 2 ch, 1 sc in next dc, ch, skip next ch, next dc and next ch, 1 tr, ch 1, 1 tr, ch 2,1 tr, ch 1, 1 tr in next dc, ch 1, skip next ch, next dc and next ch, 1 sc in next dc, ch 1, 4 tr in last stitch of row. Fasten off, weave in tail.
Join Carrot to other side of scarflet and repeat end as follows: Row 33- Ch 4, 1 tr in each dc to end of row. Ch 3, turn. Row 34- 1 dc in next tr, dc2tog over next 2 dc, 1 dc in each tr to end of row. Ch 4, turn.
Row 35- Skip next dc, 1 dc in next dc, ch 3, skip next 3 dc, 1 dc in each of next 4 dc, ch 3, skip next 3 dc, 1 dc in next dc, ch 1, 1 dc in last dc.
Rows 36 to end, repeat the same rows you made on the opposite end of the scarflet.
Rep edging. Fasten off, weave in tail.
You're done!

Pattern revised!











Bonus FREE Patterns!







Wildberry Keyhole Scarflet by Craftybegonia at Crochetville!






















Ruby Shells Pretty Warming Collar by Craftybegonia at CrochetMe!






































Bible Answers to Your Questions




Best Blog Tips

7 comments:

Rebecca Case said...

My mother-in-law and I are trying to make this scarf, and it is not coming out right. Could you clarify what you have as row 28? Thanks.

Craftybegonia said...

Hi Rebecca! The row is worked as it reads. First, you ch 4, and turn at the end of the previous row. Then, you skip next dc (that means the first stitch of the new row), then you work 1 dc in next dc, ch 2, skip 2 dc, 1 dc in next ch, 1 dc in each of next 4 dc, 1 dc in next ch, ch 2, skip next 2 ch, 1 dc in next dc, ch 1, 1 dc in next dc. Ch 4, turn.

Unknown said...

I'm having the same problem Rebecca and her mother-in-law had. The directions for row 28 don't make sense. They don't correspond to the existing stitches from row 27 - there are ch's when the directions say there should be a dc and dc's when it says there should be a ch. Maybe one of the rows needs to be reversed? At least that's the only explanation I can think of right now.

Craftybegonia said...

I'm sorry, but I wrote the directions as I was making the scarflet. I wrote them the way they came out for me to attain the scarflet you see in the photo. I do not understand how to make the directions differently. You happen to be at the lacy edges of the scarflet, the chains in between the sittches are simply for the holes of the lace. If you need to make less chains, that's fine. I only wrote down as directions the way that the stitches turned out for me. There was a typo with sc and dc, I have corrected it and the row is as it worked out originally.
Hope this helps!

matrika said...

Row 27 does not work out for me. After you skip 3 dc's it says to dc in next dc, ch1 and skip next dc then 1 dc in last dc of row. After skipping 3 dc's there are only 2 dc's left. I have gone through each row 4 times and I did not make a mistake, I have also unraveled 3 times. Was there an extra step put in by accident. I appreciate the free pattern I just really want to finish this for my aunt for Christmas. Thanks.

Craftybegonia said...

Hi Matrika, it is possible that there was a typing mistake, but I am in bed sick. I am having to work on my laptop and I cannot make the pattern over as fast as you need it. I will though, but it will have to be after the Holidays. I would suggest to play it by ear. If you see the pattern forming correctly until you reach that added step, skip it. If the pattern comes out right, please let me know to make the correction right away, it might help others. I am doing the only thing I can right now, to help you!

Craftybegonia said...

Matrika, I'm sick right now but I was able to do a swatch and to make that row and I have revised it. Hope you get this in time!