Exquisite Ruby Warming Collar

Best Blog Tips


Do you love feminine stuff? Do you like ruffles? Well, this has something of both!

The color will cheer up a blah winter day and the warming collar will add enough warmth to keep you comfy while adding a pretty note to what you're wearing. Easy and fast as can be, this will make a great gift!
Materials:
Red Heart worsted weight Cherry Red
Red sewing thread
Sewing needle
Crochet hook size H
Red Button

With Cherry red, ch 56.
Row 1- 1 hdc in third ch from hook and in each ch across. Ch2, turn.
Row 2- 1hdc in same spot as ch 2, 1 hdc in each hdc across till end of row, 2 hdc in last hdc. Ch2, turn.
Row 3- 1 hdc in third ch from hook and in each ch across. Ch2, turn.
Row 4- Rep row 2.
Row 5- Rep row 3.
Row 6- Rep row 2.
Row 7- Rep row 3.
Lace- Row 1- Ch 4, skip 2 hdc, 6 dc in next hdc, ch 2, skip 2 hdc, 1 sc in next hdc, ch 2, skip 2 hdc, 6 dc in next hdc, rep across. Finish row as follows: ch 2, 1 dc in last hdc. Ch 5, turn.
Row 2- 1 dc in first dc of shell, ch 1, 1 dc in next dc of shell, ch 1, 2 dc in next dc of shell, ch 1, 2 dc in next dc of shell, ch 1, 1 dc in next dc of shell, ch 1, 1 dc in last dc of shell, ch 2, 1 sc in next sc, ch 1, rep across. Ch 3, turn. Row 3- 1 dc in first dc of shell, ch 1, [1 dc in next dc, ch 1] rep twice, skip next dc, 2 dc in next ch-1 space, ch 1, 1 dc in next dc, ch 1, 1 dc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc, [1 dc in next dc, ch 1] rep twice, ch 2, 1 sc in next sc, rep across.
The large shells must now be forming a gentle, but lovely ruffled edge to the collar.
When you reach the end of the last row, sc up the side of the collar towards the top. Ch 4. skip 2 sc, slip stitch in next sc (button loop made), 1 sc in each ch of button loop (so tht the loop will better withstand wear.) Fasten off, weave in tail. Sew button in place to correspond with the loop made.

You’re done!








Bible Universe!
Best Blog Tips

8 comments:

Suzetta said...

So nice. I wear sweatshirts all winter and I can see one of these in every color. Thanks for sharing.

Craftybegonia said...

You're very welcome Suzy! Hope yours come out lovely!

Clotilde

symsol said...

There seems to be an error with the end of row 2 and the way that row 3 is worded. Did you mean to Ch 3 at the end of row 2 in order to be able to hdc in the third ch from hook? Also Row 3 states to hdc in each ch across. I assume that it should be in each hdc, right? Is there a 1 hdc increase at the beginning and ending of the Row 2 repeat and then 2 hdc increases at the beginning and ending of the Row 3 repeats?

CapeEire said...

This is such a pretty scarflette, I had to try it for my mother. But the last row of the lace is confusing me - it seems I end up with too many stitches for the what's available in the shells of row 2.

Please help!

Craftybegonia said...

Hi Symsol and CapeEire! I write my patterns as I make them. And I express them as they come out, in other words, if I am making a scarflet and 3 dc, ch 2 is the way somethings works out for the pattern in question, that is the way I write it down. I type it down later. But I write it downt he way the item works out fot the pattern I photograph. So the flounce of this particular scarflet came out that way because that was the way I was able to get the ruffle to curl into a pretty pleat. I wrote row 2 and row 3 as they came out for the pattern in the picture. I cannot alter them, that's how I was able to achieve the flounce. Having said that, don't go crazy about the ruffle! The ruffles are sometimes hard to make. This particular ruffle is formed by semi-circles which open up with chains in between the stitches, to create an exxagerated amount of sts in a small space, in order to create a decorative,lacy pleating. Unravel yours carefully and read the instructions carefully. Let me see if I can give you a simpler way of making it:
Row 1- Ch 2, skip 3 sts, make a shell of 6 dc in next stitch, skip 3 sts, 1 sc in next st, ch 5, skip 2 sts, 1 sc in next st,rep across row. Ch 2, turn.
Row 2- [1 dc in first dc, ch 2,] repeat across shell, ch 2, 1 sc in 3rd ch of ch 5, ch 2, *[1 dc in first dc, ch 2,] repeat across shell, ch 2, 1 sc in 3rd ch of ch 5, ch 2, rep from * across. Ch 5, turn. Row 3- [1 dc in each dc of shell, ch 2] rep across shell, ch 2
*[1 dc in each dc of shell, ch 2] rep across shell,, ch 2, rep from * across.
This is a simpler way of putting it together. It is supposed to form lacy semi-circles that fan out from shells. I hope it helps!

Beverly said...

thank you for the pretty pattern. I will be making a few to wear when I go for chemo. The chemo room is like a freezer, so this will be a BIG help!! thanks again!!

Craftybegonia said...

You're most welcome, Beverly. Wish you well on your treatment. Said a prayer for you!

Julie, N Ireland said...

I am new to crochet and only found your blog yesterday via pinterest. I made this collar last night and its gorgeous - your blog is wonderful, thank you so much for taking the time to share all your lovely creations. I'm starting my Christmas 2013 stash with a lot of your lovely designs.

Julie