Chill-Chaser Warm Tie

Best Blog Tips




Another easy one! This one looks good and is fast and easy to make.


Materials:

Red Heart worsted weight yarn Lipstick
Red Heart worsted weight yarn Claret
1 red button (shirt size or size appropriate to pass comfortably through dc stitches)
Crochet hook size H
Blunt needle
Scissors











Ch 90.
Row 1- 1 dc in 4th ch from hk and in each ch across. (88 dc). Ch 3, turn. Row 2- 1 dc in each dc across. Rows 3 to 4- Rep row 2. Row 5- Ch 4, skip 1 dc, 1 dc in next dc, ch 1, skip 1 dc, *1 dc in next dc, ch 1, skip 1 dc, 1 dc in next dc, rep from * across. End row by making 1 dc in each of last 2 dc. Fasten off, weave in tail. Row 6- Join Lipstick to edge of 1st row. Rep row 5 across that row.
Fasten off, weave in tail. Row 7- Join Claret to turning chain of row 5, ch 3, work 2 dc in each ch-1 space across. Ch 1, sc in each stitch across both narrow ends of the neck warmer, ch 1, turn the other corner and repeat 2 dc in each ch-1 space across. Fasten off, weave in tail.






Measure tie around neck and find a comfortable point for closure, mark, sew button there, using the crocheted fabric both as button band and buttonhole. Cross the ends and close with button.

Read It FREE Online!




Best Blog Tips

5 comments:

jd said...

would you mind if i post your pic and pattern on my blog? it's really a beauty. i think lots of my readers would like it.

jd in st louis
http://crochet.craftgossip.com

Molly said...

Just a quick note to tell you I have awarded your blog the Sunshine Award. So come by my blog to pick up the button. Congrats!

Sandy said...

Love it, nice change from a scarf. I think I'd like to have a couple for my own use.

Blog walking and found myway here.

Sandy
welcome mats always out on all 3 of my blogs, do swing by

Craftybegonia said...

Sure Jd. You can post the pattern, so long as you give me proper credit.Thanks for your nice words!

LI Roe said...

That is a really pretty pattern. I do a lot of charity crocheting and scarves, hats and afghans are all part of my donations. This would make a delightful addition since it is different than the usual scarves. I hope that will be okay with you.

Thank you for sharing it.